The following details the various policies which apply to delivery within the UK:
- All prices quoted are based on a standard 75cl bottle and therefore may vary for heavier or larger bottles.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival for by persons over the age of 18 - proof of age may be required.
- Delivery is available between Monday and Friday only.
- Delivery companies may require contact details for the recipient. Please try to include a phone number or email with the recipient address when placing an order.
- Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
- Except where the customer has opted and paid for Risk Free Shipping, the risk of loss and/or breakage in transit is exclusively held by the customer; no claims shall be entered into by or against Wine Auctioneer.
In addition to the above, the following details the policies which also apply to delivery outwith the UK:
- All orders being shipped outwith the UK may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival for by persons over the legal drinking age in the destination country - proof of age may be required.
Risk Free Delivery
In order to lower risks associated with transporting winning lots, Whisky Auctioneer recommends that you collect your lots directly from our premises in Perth, Scotland. Should this not be possible or you prefer to have your lots shipped to you, then liability for both loss and damage rests with the purchaser.
While our team takes every effort to package and dispatch orders carefully and securely, the Courier Companies do not take on any liability for items lost or broken in transit. To address this, Whisky Auctioneer offers our customers ‘Risk Free Shipping’ in order to provide a method to cover items lost or broken in transit (cost is 3% of Hammer Price + Commission.). By purchasing ‘Risk Free Shipping’ when checking out, your lots will be protected against loss or breakage in transit.
Please note that Risk Free Shipping provides cover for breakage and loss during transit only – Risk Free Shipping does not cover any loss arising from an item’s condition. Therefore, it will not protect against seal failures or cosmetic damage to lots. Please see our buying page for more information.
For your convenience, this is automatically selected at the checkout stage. However, if you do not wish to take out Risk Free Shipping on your purchase, please deselect this when completing your order.
If any issue arises in transit regarding breakage, it is critical to retain all the original packaging and contact us immediately.
Shipping costs up to 48 bottles are available to download - wineauctioneer-shipping-fees-aug-2017.pdf. Please don't hesitate to contact us if your country is not listed here. Alternatively you can look up costs to ship to your country below.