WINE AUCTIONEER IS DEDICATED TO THE VALUATION AND AUCTIONING OF FINE AND RARE WINES.
If you are interested in selling your fine, rare and mature wine, we are always ready to accept consignments for our monthly auctions. We offer an exceptionally low rate of sellers commission at only 5% and have an ever-growing international audience of buyers, delivering you great returns.
The deadline for receipt of entries into our January 2020 auction is Friday 27th December.
User account is required to participate in our auctions, and is free for both buyers and sellers; the registration form can be found at the bottom of this page or by clicking here.
Deliver your bottles
We require that all consignments are delivered to us at:
Wine Auctioneer Ltd,
West Building, Ruthvenfield Grove
Inveralmond Industrial Estate
Our office is open Monday to Saturday 10:00am-17:00pm.
When delivering your consignments, please include a note with your name, address, email and any desired reserve values so that we can readily identify your wines from everyone else's.
We can assist with arranging for a courier to uplift your wines. The cost of such courier collections shall be borne by the seller at the same rates as detailed on the Delivery page. You will be required to securely package your bottles for transit. Please be aware that we cannot arrange or provide insurance cover against loss or breakage in transit to us via third-party courier. Wine Auctioneer accepts no responsibility for any loss or breakage in transit to us via third-party courier.
Wine Auctioneer Collection
We frequently travel throughout the UK and may be able to arrange a personal collection from you. We may apply a minimum bottle volume and/or value requirement or mileage charge. Please contact us directly if this is of interest to you.
Once Wine Auctioneer has taken receipt of your items, our team of experts will assess bottle condition and, if acceptable, confirm lots to be listed in our following auction. We will accept mixed-case Lots only to a maximum of 12 bottles (subject to additional fee, as below).
While you are logged into your account and the auction is live, you will be able to follow the progress of your items through your "Selling Lots" section.
Upon completion of our auction and your items are sold, payment shall be made to sellers within 21 business days. Please note our Terms And Conditions regarding payments made to sellers.
If a lot fails to sell, we can arrange for your items to be relisted in subsequent auctions (subject to fees) or arrange return delivery (subject to delivery charge).
Sellers remain fully responsible for condition of their consignments at all times until the sales contract has been completed. Bottles which arrive showing evidence of leakage will be rejected; any bottles which develop evidence of leakage at any time will further be withdrawn. Such withdrawal may occur whether before or during a live auction, or upon close of auction be retrospectively-withdrawn prior to completion of sale. All rejected and withdrawn bottles will be made available for return or recollection at seller's expense.
Our Selling Fees
Listing Fee - £5.00 per lot
Commission: 5% of hammer-price.
Reserve Fee - £5.00 per lot, if applicable
Mixed-Case Fee - £5.00 per lot, if applicable
Please note VAT (at current rate, 20%) is applicable on commission and all listing fees.
Courier Fees: Variable dependent on your location and consignment volume - please see Delivery page for costs.
International bank payments require the seller to accept all related transfer fees.
Our Upcoming 2019 Auctions
- December 6th to 9th: 3 DAY AUCTION: "ICONS & VINTAGE PORT EXCLUSIVE" - Consignments to be received by 22nd November
Our Upcoming 2020 Auctions
- January 10th to 20th - Consignments to be received by 27th December 2019
- February 14th to 24th - Consignments to be received by 31st January
- March 13th to 23rd - Consignments to be received by 28th February
- April 10th to 20th - Consignments to be received by 27th March
- May 8th to 18th - Consignments to be received by 24th April
- June 12th to 22nd - Consignments to be received by 29th May
- July 10th to 20th - Consignments to be received by 26th June
- August 14th to 24th - Consignments to be received by 31st July
- September 11th to 21st - Consignments to be received by 28th August
- October 9th to 19th - Consignments to be received by 25th September
- November 13th to 23rd - Consignments to be received by 30th October
- December 11th to 14th: 3 DAY AUCTION: "ICONS & VINTAGE PORT EXCLUSIVE" - Consignments to be received by 27th November