October Auction is now live - ending Monday 26th. Click here for COVID-19 Info Page.

Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles

Lot: 6906
Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles
Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles
Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles
Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles
Winning Bid: £150.00

Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles

Moulin Touchais
Anjou, Loire Valley, France
Cask Type:
Bottle Strength:
Bottle Size:
2 x 73cl

Moulin Touchais 1928 Anjou / 2 Bottles

Symptomatic of the lack of recognition of the Loire Valley generally, in comparison with the far more famous Bordeaux region just down the French coast, Moulin Touchais is without doubt one of the most significant wine producers of France.

Remaining family-owned and managed for 8 generations since foundation in 1787, the vast vineyards of the estate are dominated by the Chenin Blanc grape variety.  As is this family's stylistic preference, approximately 20% of the grapes are picked early, with the remaining ~80% picked slightly late, resulting in a wine with superior balance between natural sweetness and heightened acidity - enabling extended periods of bottle-maturation.

Please note that there shall be a shipping charge for 2 bottles applied to this lot.

Currency Estimate

Important: Currency exchange rates are constantly changing; this feature is to be used as a guide price only. All final transactions occur in British Pounds (£).

These bottles appear to be in good condition: minor cosmetic damage to labels; seals intact; cork/closures appear secure, no leakage.  Note vintage declaration missing from 1 of these bottles.

The contents of these bottles appear to be very mature in colour and of good clarity.

Important Notice

We would recommend viewing/close inspection prior to placing any bids. If this is not an option and you have questions beyond the offered description and images, please contact us for a more in-depth condition report. Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images.

Please note: Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit or otherwise spoilage of contents.

Contact Us

Wine Auctioneer Ltd
West Building
Ruthvenfield Grove
Inveralmond Industrial Estate
United Kingdom

Tel: 01738 245576